Friday, June 27, 2014

makeup review!

almay clear complexion makeup w/blemish heal technology
&
almay smart shade smart balance pressed powder

I have been struggling with my foundation/powder makeup for the past few weeks and I decided that it was high time that I try switching to a brand that is known for its hypoallergenic, no animal testing and non-comedogenic makeups. Enter, Almay.

I have read various praising reviews on Almay's products and I figured that it would be worth a shot to try some of their makeup seeing as how I tend to pick when I am not wearing any makeup. The makeup keeps me from picking, but most makeup out there causes breakouts to get worse... However, Almay's clear complexion line boasts that it can actually clear blemishes while helping to prevent future breakouts. While I can't test out that theory here and now, I can test out the daily wear and tear of the makeup today!

Let's do this!

I thought that rather than over load my skin with salicylic acid, that I would go with the Smart Shade Smart Balance Pressed Powder so that I could gauge how well it blends to the skin.
Here I am, sad face. You can see that I have a few healing spots. I just got over a major breakout on my forehead. Thank you Hempseed Oil and Teatree Oil. I would be lost without you. Note, crazy eyebrows that need to be combed. I made the photo extra-large so that you can get a good feeling about how my skin is. Also, I have been taking my Maca Root supplements religiously with many awesome results. I will leave that for another post, though.
As you can see this makeup gives a great first impression! It sits well on my skin, gives a really natural look, isn't cakey and the blending powder matches my skin to a T! I have such a good opinion of the combo right off the bat, but I will do a follow up post in the next few weeks. 
All of the makeup that I am wearing in this photo:

-Hempseed Oil as a base moisturizer
-Almay Clear Complexion Makeup w/Blemish Heal Technology
-Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance Pressed Powder
-Covergirl lashperfection Mascara in Very Black
-L'Oreal Wear Infinite' Eyeshadow in 826 Antique Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

(labels)

lifestyle (120) fashion (95) blogging (85) look (46) hair (33) art (29) pastel goth (26) fitness (21) updates (20) media (19) plugs (19) nature (16) Halloween (15) Christmas (14) relationships (13) nails (12) skin (12) writing (11) medicinal (10) arts and crafts (9) cooking (8) anime (7) gardening (7) mori (6) music (6) ombre (6) hair chalk (5) Tumblr (4) drugs (4) horror (4) tattoos (4) Japan (3) yoga (3) K Stew (2) Valentine (2) bicycle (2) bust (2) dress up (2) galaxy (2) lolita (2) pilates (2) cob (1) cosplay (1) vocaloid (1)