Thursday, September 19, 2013

Chalking Your Hair

You are lucky cute little pixel girl...

     Would anyone think that it was possible to be envious of a pixelated drawing? Her hair is so cute and my hair is so blah.

     I've been trying some different styles lately, hair bows, accessories  things like that. I feel like I just can't ever seem to master that pretty girl look.

     As you know my birthday was last weekend and yes, I had a great day and yes, I went shopping. A lot. Among the goodies that I purchased one special item that I have sought after for a while now came into my grasp. Hair Chalk.
      I traveled with my Dad and Joshua to the far side of town to my favorite store, Urban Outfitters where I knew my quest would end... I purchased this set of 32 hair chalk pieces for about $15.00. The pieces themselves are pretty small, only about an inch or so long. They are itty bitty pieces, but if used sparingly they should last quite a while. Although I had hoped to have heaps of color, if I used the chalk in that manner if would be used up pretty fast considering the size. You can tell that I have already experimented with some colors...

      I love this chalk... However, there are some downsides. When you put it on your hair it makes your hair... Well, chalky. Of course it makes it hard to brush through, or style. So, that being said, I wouldn't want to use this all over your hair unless you had a larger set, but even then the texture isn't very pleasant, so I would only recommend using products like this for accents and peek-a-boo strands.

    Another downside is that the residue left over from the chalk stained the counter top in my bathroom a little... Nothing some alcohol or bleach wont get up, but it's still a pain. It also tinted my fingers a considerable amount, even if the majority did come off when I washed my hands. I had to wash twice. You can't see in the picture, but it also was all over my neck and collar of my shirt, so if you're thinking of doing this at home, I would advise wrapping a towel around your shoulders. And remember, it rubs off so I am debating even using this with only up-dos to keep from coloring my clothes.

     All in all, I do like the chalk, it washes out for me with one wash, but I have darker hair. Lighter hair tends to hold the chalk pigment for another wash, apparently. I will probably use this for various occasions and would certainly commend this product to someone looking for a more temporary hair coloring option. Just keep in mind that it does come with a few downsides.



No comments:

Post a Comment

(labels)

lifestyle (120) fashion (95) blogging (85) look (46) hair (33) art (29) pastel goth (26) fitness (21) updates (20) media (19) plugs (19) nature (16) Halloween (15) Christmas (14) relationships (13) nails (12) skin (12) writing (11) medicinal (10) arts and crafts (9) cooking (8) anime (7) gardening (7) mori (6) music (6) ombre (6) hair chalk (5) Tumblr (4) drugs (4) horror (4) tattoos (4) Japan (3) yoga (3) K Stew (2) Valentine (2) bicycle (2) bust (2) dress up (2) galaxy (2) lolita (2) pilates (2) cob (1) cosplay (1) vocaloid (1)