Monday, June 23, 2014

hair picks: scarves

it gets so freaking hot here during the summer

One of the best ways for me to cope during the hot summer months are hair scarves! Not only do they look really cute, but hair scarves keep your hair protected from the sun, they help to absorb sweat (yes, gross, I know) and they also can help when the weather is so humid that your head turns into a giant poof-ball.

I decided to compile some of my favorite images of ladies wearing head scarves for your viewing pleasure and for you to get some great ideas to style your own head scarf!
I love how this maiden has her scarf braided into her hair! It looks so chic and is super easy to do.
I feel like the back of my hair would go really flat if I tried this, but it looks really cute and boho regardless!
Is it just me, or does this really look like a Jack Sparrow-esque head wrap?
Women of color always have the most beautiful, voluminous curls as it seems to me. I wish that I could pull off a wrap like this, but my flat, white girl hair just does not have that oomph.
I wanted to make this image larger but it keeps coming out way to grainy. But here, you can see Miss Audrey Hepburn rocking a very large headwrap. I think that it may be a little too big for my comfort, but thanks anyway Audrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(labels)

lifestyle (120) fashion (95) blogging (85) look (46) hair (33) art (29) pastel goth (26) fitness (21) updates (20) media (19) plugs (19) nature (16) Halloween (15) Christmas (14) relationships (13) nails (12) skin (12) writing (11) medicinal (10) arts and crafts (9) cooking (8) anime (7) gardening (7) mori (6) music (6) ombre (6) hair chalk (5) Tumblr (4) drugs (4) horror (4) tattoos (4) Japan (3) yoga (3) K Stew (2) Valentine (2) bicycle (2) bust (2) dress up (2) galaxy (2) lolita (2) pilates (2) cob (1) cosplay (1) vocaloid (1)